Work for Save The Bay
Save The Bay is the largest regional organization working to protect, restore and celebrate San Francisco Bay since 1961. Save The Bay engages more than 50,000 supporters, advocates, and volunteers to protect the Bay from pollution and reckless shoreline development and make it cleaner and healthier for people and wildlife. Save The Bay is leading a region-wide effort to re-establish 100,000 acres of tidal marsh that are essential for a healthy Bay. Volunteers from the community, local businesses, and schools work with our science team to perform hands-on restoration of the Bay shoreline. Save The Bay inspires the next generation of Bay activists through our award-winning restoration education programs.
Looking for a hands-on experience working in habitat restoration? Check out the Volunteer Planting Crew now accepting applications to join the restoration team working on two large scale restoration projects.
Students, recent grads or anyone looking to make a big difference for the Bay, please check-out our Office Volunteer Program for hands-on experience working with our dynamic teams.
The Development Associate supports ambitious goals for institutional fundraising. The Associate is responsible for producing quality grant proposals and reports, coordinating donor events and communications, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of funder data, and providing donor stewardship.
This position requires superior writing and editing skills, attention to detail, timely decision making, database skills, and relationship management experience. The successful Development Associate enjoys being part of a dynamic team, and enjoys working with volunteers. They have a passion for Save The Bay’s programs and mission to protect and restore San Francisco Bay.
This part-time, 20 hours per week, position reports to the Corporate and Foundation Relations Manager and works with the Chief Development Officer, Executive Director, Development Coordinator, and program staff.
Grant Writing and Administration – 40%
- Support organizational portfolio of 100+ institutional donors, including strategy and tactical support for staff solicitors to reach income goals
- Write, proofread and edit (grant proposals, reports, letters, blog, newsletter and other communications projects as assigned)
- Maintain calendar of grant deadlines, run monthly task reports for solicitors, provide support and follow up
- Conduct donor research and prospect identification to build donor prospect pool
- Ensure that donor records are current and maintain institutional files in Salesforce
- Create fundraising reports, list pulls and other database reports as needed
Special Projects – 10%
- Supervise fundraising volunteer for timely and accurate results; provide positive in-office experience
- Document protocols and procedures
- Other projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of professional experience, including some grant writing, information systems, and administrative experience
- Exceptional research, writing and editing skills in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail and deadlines, high-quality data management and takes initiative to improve processes for optimal efficiency
- Aptitude to rapidly learn and manage database software (Salesforce)
- Volunteer management experience preferred but not required
- Valid California driver’s license
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Clean background check
This position is part time. To apply for this position, email firstname.lastname@example.org with Development Associate in the subject line.