Work for Save The Bay
Save The Bay is the largest regional organization working to protect, restore and celebrate San Francisco Bay since 1961. Save The Bay engages more than 50,000 supporters, advocates, and volunteers to protect the Bay from pollution and reckless shoreline development and make it cleaner and healthier for people and wildlife. Save The Bay is leading a region-wide effort to re-establish 100,000 acres of tidal marsh that are essential for a healthy Bay. Volunteers from the community, local businesses, and schools work with our science team to perform hands-on restoration of the Bay shoreline. Save The Bay inspires the next generation of Bay activists through our award-winning restoration education programs.
Students, recent grads or anyone looking to make a big difference for the Bay, please check-out our Office Volunteer Program for hands-on experience working with our dynamic teams.
The Campaign Manager is a seasoned professional with demonstrated success in developing, managing, and winning issue advocacy campaigns. The position implements Save The Bay’s campaigns to accelerate restoration of Bay wetlands through new public funding, and to prevent bay fill projects and emerging threats to San Francisco Bay. The Campaign Manager builds and stewards high-level relationships and collaboration with allied organizations, elected officials, public agencies, and community activists to advance Save The Bay’s mission and strategic plan. This position requires strong experience in electoral and legislative issue advocacy, keen political and strategy instincts, and the ability to manage multiple projects and work efficiently in a rapidly evolving environment.
This position reports to the Political Director.
- Organize and manage strategic planning, constituency engagement, and public advocacy efforts by Save The Bay and its partners to secure robust, continuing funds for Bay wetland restoration; guide and support the San Francisco Bay Restoration Authority in its mission to secure that funding and provide grants to advance restoration projects. Represent Save The Bay to the Restoration Authority and in relevant legislative/regulatory meetings, hearings, public events, and other forums.
- Develop internal and public materials, including strategy documents, timelines, budgets, position papers, public comments, and other content to support campaigns.
- Serve as a spokesperson for Save The Bay to promote our advocacy campaigns with the media and other audiences.
- Advance Save The Bay’s policy goals through development and maintenance of high-level relationships with partner organizations, elected officials, and public agencies.
Bay Fill and Emerging Threats
- Lead implementation of Save The Bay’s efforts to prevent destructive shoreline development projects in Redwood City and Newark that would fill in two of the largest remaining blocs of unprotected, restorable wetlands in the Bay.
- Craft and lead aggressive strategies to address emerging threats to San Francisco Bay, including rapid-response and tactical campaigns.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to mobilize broad grassroots support, build coalitions, and generate participation from Save The Bay’s members, allies and key policy makers.
- Develop advocacy materials, including conducting research and writing reports, white papers, public comments, blogs, and other content to aid in expanding public support for campaigns.
Organizational Development & Other
- Support the Political Director and other Policy staff in identifying and implementing effective campaign strategies and tactics, strategic planning opportunities, and cross-departmental collaboration & planning efforts.
- Manage and expand existing partnerships with environmental, business, labor, and issue advocacy organizations, and build new ones.
- Supervise the work of volunteers, consultants, and other staff as needed in support of campaign objectives.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- At least three years of experience leading and winning issue advocacy campaigns, with increasing levels responsibility.
- Strong persuasive writing, research, editing, and public speaking skills.
- Experience working across multiple staff teams, developing and executing work plans, and facilitating meetings.
- Familiarity with Bay ecology and issues, agency and legislative processes, and community-based programs.
- Proven ability both to work independently and to collaborate effectively.
- Experience working effectively with elected officials, community leaders, environmental activists, agency officials, and other stakeholders.
- Passion for Save The Bay’s mission.
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity, and collaborative work style.
- Valid CA drivers license and clean driving record.
- Clean background check.
- High-level computer proficiency.
To apply for position, email email@example.com with Campaign Manager in the subject line.