- About Us
- Act Now
- Take Action
- Corporate Volunteer Opportunities
- The Bay vs. The Bag
- Learn and Explore
- Restoration Education Programs
- Teacher Resources
- Explore the Virtual Marsh
- Play Battle for the Bay
- Wetland Restoration
- Stopping Bay Fill
- Pollution Prevention
- About The Bay
Save The Bay is the largest regional organization working to protect, restore and celebrate San Francisco Bay. As its leading champion since 1961, Save The Bay protects the Bay from pollution and inappropriate shoreline development, making it cleaner and healthier for people and wildlife. We restore habitat and secure strong policies to re-establish 100,000 acres of wetlands that are essential for a healthy Bay. We engage more than 40,000 supporters, advocates and volunteers to protect the Bay, and inspire the next generation of environmental leaders by educating thousands of students annually.
The Salesforce Specialist works with closely with Database Administrator and other data and information technology staff to support Save The Bay's organization-wide Customer Relationship Management through Salesforce. The Specialist ensures that Salesforce and associated databases and applications are properly maintained, customized and used to facilitate the organization's ambitious program goals and growth objectives, with high accuracy, integrity, and efficiency. The Specialist is also responsible for ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting tasks for Common Ground (an add-on for more robust fundraising functionality), Springboard (an application that pulls data into Salesforce from Save The Bay's website), a California voter file database, a report writing application, and implementation of new functionality. The Specialist provides support to staff, documents policies and procedures, and generates accurate reports.
- Work with program staff to develop and maintain processes and policies to enhance data integrity, program outcomes, and efficiency.
- Collaborate with staff and external vendors that are impacted by the capture, storage, processing and dissemination of information.
- Create and manage a data entry users group to address data integrity issues, policies and procedures.
- Ensure that data entry staff follow proper accounting, compliance and IRS standards and laws for data capture.
- Provide database quality control by routinely auditing data entry and reports.
- Participate in program planning to ensure databases are being used to their fullest capacity.
- Respond to database helpdesk requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Facilitate staff training and provide technical support for databases, including developing written training materials as needed.
- Ensure backup and recovery of database information and develop policies and procedures to safeguard data security.
- Coordinate software evaluation, installation and upgrades for the databases.
- Identify emerging information technologies to integrate into the database, assess their feasibility and value for Save The Bay, remain abreast of peer data integrity processes, methods and technology. Initiate and implement ongoing improvements and system enhancements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 4 years of database administration, database design and implementation experience, with at least 2 years of Salesforce experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, good analytical and organizational skills, technical procedural writing skills, and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Able to organize and prioritize work, take initiative to make improvements and resolve problems, respond thoroughly to requests, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to meet goals.
- Proficient in database administration, prospect and constituent management, data imports and exports, developing reports.
- Ability to effectively translate staff requests into effective queries and reports.
- Enthusiasm for Save The Bay's mission.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and tact.
- Clean background check
We offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, life insurance, 403(b) plan, paid vacation, paid holidays and sick time.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Subject line: Salesforce Specialist -- [your last name]
Or mail to:
Salesforce Specialist Search
Save The Bay
1330 Broadway, Suite 1800
Oakland, CA 94612
Please no phone calls. Save The Bay will contact you if you are selected for further consideration. It is a priority to Save The Bay to recruit and retain a diverse workforce. Save The Bay is an equal opportunity employer.
Online Communications Manager
Save The Bay, San Francisco Bay’s leading champion since 1961, is undertaking historic new efforts to mobilize Bay Area citizens on behalf of our region’s future. Relying in large part on aggressive, strategic online communications, we are engaging longtime supporters and building new audiences to support our restoration and advocacy work. Our outreach cultivates volunteers, financial supporters and grassroots advocates for the future of our Bay.
Save The Bay is seeking an experienced and highly skilled Online Communications Manager to lead our online communications program by providing expert strategy, project management and creative execution while contributing technical expertise. This position is central to Save The Bay’s efforts to build a large, informed and engaged constituency of supporters who help protect and restore the Bay. This is an amazing opportunity to put your skills to good use with one of the leading environmental nonprofits in the Bay Area.
Reporting to the Communications Director and working collaboratively with a small team, the Online Communications Manager will plan, manage, and assess online campaigns and web enhancements that recruit new supporters, increase online activism and grow our online reach. The Manager will also contribute to online fundraising and advocacy campaigns and provide other communications support as necessary.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated success in leading online marketing and communications for a mission-driven organization; is an outstanding project manager; is naturally comfortable on many technology platforms; and is experienced with and driven to collecting, analyzing and acting on online metrics. Knowledge of CRM (e.g., Salesforce), CMS (e.g., Drupal) and email marketing platforms (e.g., Genius) is essential. Web development and graphic design skills are a plus.
Online strategy lead
- Manage an ongoing series of creative, fast-paced communications campaigns designed to attract new supporters and motivate significant audience engagement (including donating to, volunteering with, and advocating for Save The Bay). Specific roles include campaign planning, project management, overseeing consultants and vendors, executing creative, and analyzing metrics.
- Support Save The Bay’s policy objectives by designing compelling online actions
- Work with development department to execute effective online fundraising campaigns
- Lead online marketing activities including, but not limited to, email campaigns, online advertising, social marketing, and search engine optimization
- Oversee collection and analysis of metrics including web traffic, email performance, and social media insights to identify successes, weaknesses, and new opportunities
- Continually move the organization toward appropriate new technologies and best practices
Web technology lead
- Work with web CMS (currently Drupal) to enrich user experience and engagement
- Oversee web vendors (domain and hosting companies, developers, designers, etc) in implementing additions, changes, and upgrades, such as design and graphic enhancements, navigation improvements, additional tools, and new features that will help achieve the organization’s online goals
- Serve as communications team lead on integration of web CMS (currently Drupal), Salesforce database, and email marketing/advocacy platforms (currently Genius and Capwiz, respectively)
- Oversee periodic re-evaluation and refresh of website, blog, and other owned media (this is a long term responsibility but also a short-term, upcoming project)
- Manage backups and legal compliance (including privacy and PCI) of all online platforms (web, email, social media)
Other duties as assigned, potentially including oversight of design vendors and visual branding.
- At least four years of experience managing online communications in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Strong project management experience demonstrating the ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously, complete projects on tight deadlines, and rapidly respond to new developments
- Exceptional command of current web technologies, tools and best practices, including but not limited to email marketing, social media, and analytics
- Experience in effectively managing consultants, vendors, and project teams
- Demonstrated success in growing and engaging online constituencies
- Demonstrated experience, creativity and innovation in planning and executing online marketing projects to advance an organization’s mission
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Strong opinions balanced by a willingness to collaborate and compromise
- Exceptional verbal and written communications
- Clean background check
- Valid California driver’s license and clean motor vehicle report
- At least four years working for a nonprofit or mission-driven organization
- Successful implementation of at least one large-scale web redesign project for an organization of significant size and complexity
- Experience in visual brand management, graphic design and management of freelance designers
Required Technical Qualifications:
- Natural comfort with mastering new and emerging technology platforms
- Fluency with email marketing platforms, web CMS systems (preferably Drupal and WordPress) and social media.
- Strong familiarity with Salesforce or similar enterprise CRM.
- Proficiency with HTML, CSS, and domain management.
- Graphic design skills and software proficiency are a strong plus.
This position is open until filled. Salary commensurate with experience, plus excellent health benefits. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. EOE. Email resume and cover letter to: jobs@saveSFbay.org. Please put “Online Communications Manager” in subject line.
Community Engagement Volunteer
Organization Description: Save The Bay is the oldest and largest regional organization working to protect, restore and celebrate San Francisco Bay. As its leading champion since 1961, Save The Bay protects the Bay from pollution and inappropriate shoreline development, making it cleaner and healthier for people and wildlife. We restore habitat and secure strong policies to re-establish 100,000 acres of wetlands that are essential for a healthy Bay. We engage more than 35,000 supporters, advocates and volunteers to protect the Bay, and inspire the next generation of environmental leaders by educating thousands of students annually. www.saveSFbay.org
Volunteer Title: Community Engagement Volunteer
Project Description: The Community Engagement Volunteer will work with Save The Bay’s Habitat Restoration Department to help promote and coordinate the organization’s Public and Private Community-Based Restoration programs.
As a member of the largest team at Save The Bay, the Community Engagement Volunteer will assist in the following tasks: help build coordination materials for public and corporate programs; create marketing materials; coordinate major events; represent Save The Bay at events; occasionally assist with field assignments; assist with general outreach; maintain contact data entry; and perform various administrative duties as assigned.
This opportunity will start in early July.
• Interest in San Francisco Bay environmental issues
• Strong writing, communication and organizational skills
• Completion of at least two years of undergraduate education
• Ability to thrive in an office setting
• Knowledge of basic html, web-based tools and software programs
• Ability to complete tasks independently
• Enthusiasm for Save The Bay’s mission and programs
• Experience in graphic design and desktop publishing applications a plus
• Development and or corporate liaison experience a plus
• Minimum commitment of at least 32 hours a week for 10-12 weeks.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to include the position title in the subject line. Applications accepted on a rolling basis, but priority given to those submitted by June 27th.