- About Us
- Act Now
- Take Action
- Corporate Volunteer Opportunities
- Cigarette Butt Free Bay
- The Bay vs. The Bag
- Learn and Explore
- Restoration Education Programs
- Teacher Resources
- Explore the Virtual Marsh
- Play Battle for the Bay
- Wetland Restoration
- Stopping Bay Fill
- Pollution Prevention
- About The Bay
Did you know that almost a decade before the first Earth Day in 1970, Save The Bay was mobilizing tens of thousands of residents to save San Francisco Bay from unchecked development and pollution? Thanks to the work of Save The Bay’s members and supporters, the Bay is cleaner and healthier now than it was when the organization was founded 50 years ago. But there is still more work to be done!
Here are five easy ways to Save Your Bay this Earth Day:
- Become a Member: Become a Save The Bay member and help us continue working to protect, restore and celebrate San Francisco Bay. A Save The Bay membership includes our member newsletter, a welcome packet and decal, invitations to special events and more!
- Volunteer: Join us for a volunteer restoration event and get your hands dirty! See how fun and rewarding it is to make the Bay cleaner and healthier with your own two hands.
- Take Action: Raise your hand and get counted among the thousands who have already pledged to stop the biggest threat to the Bay in over 50 years – Cargill/DMB’s proposal to build 12,000 housing units on restorable salt ponds in Redwood City. Show Minnesota-based agribusiness giant Cargill that we will not allow our great natural treasure to be sacrificed for profit!
- Tell Your Friends: Help us grow our online community by spreading the word about our organization. There are over seven million people in the Bay Area, so do us a favor and tell five of them about Save The Bay!
- Follow Us Online: We’ve got a variety of ways that you can connect with us online -- pick one (or more)! Check out our blog, our Facebook page, and our Twitter account.
Share this page with your friends!