Bay Area Bag and Styrofoam Bans
The good news is that more and more cities and counties are taking a stand against plastic pollution in the Bay. This map shows which cities and counties in the Bay Area have already banned the use of plastic bags and/or Styrofoam food containers and what each ordinance entails. As of today:
- 80% of Bay Area population is living in a jurisdiction that has banned plastic bags.
- 62% are living in places that have banned Styrofoam food ware.
Despite this progress, there is still much work to be done. Want to know how you can help?
- Sign this petition to encourage Bay Area cities to crack down on Bay trash
- Participate in trash cleanups in your community
- Bring your own reusable bag to the grocery store, pharmacy, hardware store, and on your shopping sprees
To learn more, please visit our pollution facts page.
View Bag & Styrofoam bans 4-8-14 in a larger map